Best Of Violin Grade 1
Over the years, many examination pieces have captured the imagination of teachers and students, but the stars of past syllabuses are often forgotten. This collection brings together best-loved grade 1 Violin pieces, including Land of the Silver Birch, Dvorák’s Largo from the New World Symphony and Gershwin’s Oh, Lady, Be Good.
Containing fresh editions of folk and classical masterpieces alongside contemporary favourites, all pieces have been rigorously researched by violin expert Jessica O’Leary. A CD of performance and accompaniment tracks is included, as are useful practice tips. This book includes pieces from current and past Trinity and ABRSM syllabuses.
Jessica O’Leary has a successful career as a teacher, professional violinist, ABRSM examiner and seminar presenter. She has toured and recorded extensively as a member of the Academy of St Martin in the Fields, and has performed with Madonna, Led Zeppelin, the London Symphony Orchestra and the Royal Opera House. She teaches violin and viola and directs string ensembles at St Paul’s Girls’ School, Eltham College and Junior Guildhall London.
- Fanfare [Corrette, Michel]
- Rondeau [Purcell, Henry]
- The Grey Dove [Komarovsky, Ignacy]
- Noel Nouvelet [Old French Carol]
- March (Scipio) [Handel, George Frideric]
- Slovak Song [Traditional]
- From Old Vienna [Anonymous]
- Waltz (The MerryWidow) [Lehar, Franz]
- Land Of The Silver Birch [Traditional Canadian]
- Largo (New World Symphony) [Dvorak, Antonin]
- What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor? [Traditional]
- Fly High, Pterodactyl [Lumsden, Caroline]
- Elenke [Traditional Bulgarian]
- Oh, Lady Be Good [Gershwin, George] [Gershwin, Ira]
- Sharks [Jones, Edward Huws]