Best Of Grade 4 Violin
Over the years, many examination pieces have captured the imagination of teachers and students, but the stars of past syllabuses are often forgotten. This collection brings together best-loved grade 4 Violin pieces, including Hindu Song (Rimsky-Korsakov), Sometime Maybe (Wedgwood) and Fly me to the Moon (Howard).
Containing fresh editions of folk and classical masterpieces alongside contemporary favourites, all pieces have been rigorously researched by violin expert Jessica O’Leary. A CD of performance and accompaniment tracks is included, as are useful practice tips. This book includes pieces from current and past Trinity and ABRSM syllabuses.
Jessica O’Leary has a successful career as a teacher, professional violinist, ABRSM examiner and seminar presenter. She has toured and recorded extensively as a member of the Academy of St Martin in the Fields, and has performed with Madonna, Led Zeppelin, the London Symphony Orchestra and the Royal Opera House. She teaches violin and viola and directs string ensembles at St Paul’s Girls’ School, Eltham College and Junior Guildhall London.
- Rondino [Hadjiev, Parashkev]
- Con Contento [Telemann, Georg Philipp]
- Rondeau (Abdelazer) [Purcell, Henry]
- Prelude [Cohen, Mary]
- Preludio (Sonata In G Minor Op.2 No.1) [Vivaldi, Antonio]
- Scottish Brawl [Attaingnant, Pierre]
- Air Polonais (Sonata In G Op.10 No.2) [Weber, Carl Maria Von]
- Virelai [Elgar, Edward]
- La Cinquantaine [Gabriel-Marie]
- Mazurka [Baklanova, Nathalia]
- Hindu Song (Sadko) [Rimsky-korsakov, Nikolay]
- Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words) [Howard, Bart]
- Glass [Fitkin, Graham]
- Sometime Maybe [Wedgwood, Pamela]